Bebop Spoken There
Sonny Rollins: "I work very hard. I wear out suits playing." - (Downbeat May 29, 1969.)
Bob Brookmeyer: "The group's philosophy? We're saving to buy new uniforms - the ties wore out." - (Crescendo March 1965).
Today Saturday March 25
James Harrison (solo piano) - Cherry Tree Restaurant, 9 Osborne Rd., Jesmond, Newcastle. 7:30pm. No cover charge.
To the best of our knowledge, details of the above events are correct but may be subject to alteration.
Friday, February 01, 2013
Jazz UK No. 109
- ► 2016 ( 990 )
- ► 2015 ( 1022 )
- ► 2014 ( 1036 )
- CD Review: In The Country – Sunrise Sunset
- Simon Spillett Quartet @ The Corner House
- Jazz Caf Refugees @ The Star.
- The Headhunters descend on Under The Bridge for th...
- ASHINGTON JAZZ CLUB AT THE ELEPHANT, Newbiggin Roa...
- Stop Press!
- Graeme Wilson Quartet @ The Cluny. February 26
- Music Shop Memories
- Keith or Cody* Jarrett
- JNE Update
- VERSE & JAZZ for International Women’s Day
- Interview with Anne DeVere
- Northern Spirits – Jazz Festival celebrates North ...
- Katie Patterson’s Allsorts @ Splinter @The Bridge ...
- Katie Patterson Allsorts @ Splinter @ The Bridge
- Friday on BBC4: Sings the Great American Songbook...
- Courtney Pine at Hoochie Coochie.
- Coldest Night of the Winter but...
- CD Review: Tomasz Stanko New York Quartet - Wislaw...
- Tonight on BBC 4
- Saxophone Massive Your Chance to Join in One of th...
- Paul James Band @ Hoochie Coochie
- Darlington Jazz Festival
- Jazz North/Northern Line info for Promos
- Jazz Esquires @ The Porthole
- It's Going to be Chilli Tomorrow - on Chilli road....
- Vote for Hoochie Coochie if you like music.
- Sue Ferris Quartet @ The Cherry Tree
- Robert Mitchell & Corey Mwamba @ Lit & Phil. Febru...
- Bobby Wishart International Quintet @ The Jazz Bar...
- Sunday 24 February.- It's 'Swing Sunday' at Picass...
- Claire Kelly Trio @ The Bridge Sunday February 17....
- CD Review: Vo-Duo - Nou La
- Blaydon Jazz Update
- Stars at the Star.
- CD Review: Martin Wheatley - All Day Breakfast.
- Hula Bluebirds @ Customs House, South Shields Frid...
- CD Review - Charles Lloyd/Jason Moran: Hagar’s Son...
- Andy Champion Interview.
- The Beat Goes on in Eric's Memory.
- Daryl Sherman's Valentine Faves.
- Isn't it Romantic?
- Pink Lane Jazz Co-op Latest.
- Miles Ahead and Birth of the Cool with SNJO.
- Billie Holiday - P.S. I Love You
- Composer/Producer/Conductor Ryan Truesdell's Groun...
- Tonight @ The Lit and Phil
- CD Review: Mac Gollehon - La Fama
- Poignant Message...
- Djangologie @ The Cherry Tree
- Katherine Stone Quartet @ Ashington Jazz Club. Feb...
- Jo Wallfisch in NY.
- CD Review: Soren Gemmer - at first
- Street Corner Blues Win North East Battle of the B...
- CD Review: Joe Lovano UsFive - Cross Culture.
- John Harvey Mystery
- Change of address for LondonJazz.
- Alister Spence Quartet + Watts and Weston @ Lit & ...
- James Harrison
- Donald Byrd's Death a Mystery
- Zoe Gilby Trio @ The Lit and Phil
- Collective @ Hoochie Coochie, February 7 - Second ...
- James Birkett and Bradley Johnston @ Queen's Halll...
- Collective @ Hoochie Coochie February 7 - First Se...
- Pink Lane Jazz Co-op Latest (on Facebook.)
- Customs House Big Band Open Rehearsal @ New Crown ...
- Tasty Tailgate at The Millstone
- Paul Tanner dies aged 95.
- February Informer now on the streets.
- Jazz Services - is Online booking for you?
- The Collective
- Another one bites the dust
- R.I.P. Pat Halcox
- Jazz North East Update
- Dancing on the Edge.
- CD Review: Aruan Ortiz/Michael Janisch Quintet - B...
- R.I.P. Mac Smith
- Jean-Luc Ponty - Original Album Series
- Jazz Festival News.
- Dancing on the Edge Tonight at 9 - BBC 2
- Nick Svarc Trio @ The Bridge, Newcastle
- New Century Ragtime Orchestra at Caedmon Hall Feb....
- CD Review: Daniel Lantz Trio Plays Bond.
- Jazz UK No. 109
- Ray Chester's Funeral
- January Jazz Jam @ Hoochie Coochie. January 31.
- CD Review: The Ken Hatfield Sextet - For Langston
- CD Review: Lisa Forkish - Bridges.
- ▼ February ( 89 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)