Bebop Spoken There
Alan Luff: “The general view is that Ella’s songbook recordings are the supreme exemplars of sophistication, fine diction and creative voice in the wide field of popular music.” – (Jazz Journal May 2017).
Steve Voce: “Most of us have been crashed into by cretins who walk along the road absorbed in the screens of their mobile phones.” – (Jazz Journal May 2017).
Today Tuesday May 23
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Arthur Jeffes - Sundog. The Sage, Gateshead.
- ► 2016 ( 990 )
- ► 2015 ( 1022 )
- ► 2014 ( 1036 )
- ► 2013 ( 1099 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- Bright Lights and Promises - Fulfilled. Janis Ian ...
- Matt Anderson Quartet @ The Bridge Hotel
- Flashmob to reassemble in Sheffield.
- Tonight @ The Bridge
- Bill Wyman and the Rhythm Kings @ The Sage
- Bell and Bucket News.
- Gateshead International Jazz Festival 2012
- Debra Milne Ensemble @ Hoochie Coochie
- A "So Rare" visit from Mike Bird - Maine Street Ja...
- "Emily Remembered" - On The Road Again.
- CD Review: Phil Robson - The Immeasurable Code.
- CD Review: Kristian Borring Quartet - Nausicaa.
- Tonight @ The Cluny
- Mo Scott with Stuart Collingwood Trio @ The Cherry...
- Roller Trio @ The Bridge. October 23.
- Flashmob to play Jazz Café
- Sarah Ellen Hughes @ The Customs House, South Shie...
- Head of Steam and Hoochie Coochie.
- Jazz Café Sunday Oct 23.
- Lindsay Hannon Plus @ The Sage. October 23
- Beautiful Sunday
- The John Potts Story
- R.I.P Edmundo Ros O.B.E
- Julian Siegel Quartet @ Gateshead Old Town Hall. O...
- Sarah Ellen Hughes @ The Customs House
- Friday Girls
- Cherry Tree Postscript
- Jim Birkett with the Paul Edis Trio at the Cherryt...
- Gaddafi dies in Rosie Malone's and the band play o...
- Lickety Split & Take it to the Bridge @ The Chilli...
- Sweet Thursday
- Arthur Jeffes - Sundog. The Sage, Gateshead.
- River City Jazzmen - John Potts info wanted.
- Tonight at the Sage: Arthur Jeffes - Sundog
- Goodbye Pete Rugolo.
- Zoe's gig, 'Ode to Billie Joe' and favourite song ...
- CD Review - Buddy Greco Live at The Sands. MANY HA...
- Tonight at the Cherry Tree.
- The Head of Steam. Sunday Oct. 16
- Zoe Gilby Quintet - Splinter @ The Bridge and else...
- Handle's Jazz
- Final Take - Paul Edis Sextet recording for Jazz A...
- Traveller's Rest? Ruth Lambert at Opus 4, Darlingt...
- Preview: Sarah Ellen Hughes at the Customs House
- Tomorrow Night @ The Bridge.
- R.I.P. Piet Noordijk.
- Well done Simon Spillett.
- Mark Williams Trio @ Hoochie Coochie
- Some days you just can't lose! Maine Street Jazzme...
- Jakub Zahradník - koncert Betlémská kaple part 06
- My Buddies
- Drumming Mentor Freddie Gruber Passes
- Match & Fuse no. 2. World Service Project & Schulb...
- Thelonious Monk's Advice, Archived By Steve Lacy
- Pink Martini @ The Sage - An intoxicating Cocktail...
- Djangologie @ Ashington Jazz Club. October 5.
- Budtones @ The Bridge
- Lockerbie Jazz Festival: Sept. 30 - Oct. 2.
- Hoochie Coochie Man
- Sage Choice.
- CD review. Nick Pride and the Pimptones - Midnight...
- Lockerbie Link
- RIP Bert Jansch
- CD Review - Jeff Williams : Another Time
- CD Review - Zara McFarlane: Until Tomorrow
- Claire Kelly Quartet @ The Cherry Tree
- The Thing @ The Bridge. Newcastle. October 3rd
- Tonight at the Cherry Tree
- New Century Ragtime Orchestra @ Ashington Leisure ...
- Nick Pride & The Pimptones @ Hoochie Coochie
- Jazz Café
- In Toon Tonight
- ▼ October ( 73 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)