Bebop Spoken There
Frank Tate: “Travelling’s part of life. It just goes with the job. It’s in one’s best interests, I think, to enjoy it, because it’s sure what you’re gonna be doing!” – (Jazz Journal February 1992)
Joe Temperley"I was on the bus as Carney's replacement. I said to Harold Ashby 'Where are we going?' He answered 'What difference does it make?' " - (Jazz UK January 2013.)
Today Saturday January 21
James Harrison (solo piano) - Cherry Tree Restaurant, 9 Osborne Rd., Jesmond, Newcastle. 7:30pm. No cover charge.
Hannah Taylor/Alix Shepherd - Redwood Bar, Vermont Hotel, Castle Garth, Newcastle NE1 1RQ. Free 7.pm 0191 2331010.
Dutch Treat - Jazz Café, 25 Pink Lane, Newcastle NE1 5DW. 9pm. £3.
Budtet - The Globe, 11 Railway St., Newcastle NE4 7AD. 8pm. £5.
To the best of our knowledge, details of the above events are correct but may be subject to alteration.
Saturday, May 28, 2011
Tommorrow - an Evening of Contrast
- ► 2016 ( 990 )
- ► 2015 ( 1022 )
- ► 2014 ( 1036 )
- ► 2013 ( 1099 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- What a Swell Party This Was - celebrating Lily Vei...
- Joan Marron
- Martin Taylor News.
- Mikolaj Trzaska Trio @ The Bridge Hotel.May 29th
- Birthday Bash at Blaydon Tonight
- The Budtones @The Jazz Cafe - Saturday 28th May
- Scottish Jazz Awards
- Bard Lives.
- Melody Maker 1926
- Django Bates' Beloved Bird @ The Sage, Gateshead.
- Skywalkin' @ The Central Bar, Gateshead.
- Tommorrow - an Evening of Contrast
- Next Friday at the Saville Exchange.
- The Wigan International Jazz Festival
- Strictly Smokin' Big Band @ The Punchbowl,Jesmond....
- If you happen to be in Barbados - David Carnegie u...
- Maine St. Jazzmen @ Rosie's.
- A Tale of Two Venues - Tommaso Starace Quartet @ (...
- Emma Wilson Broadcast this Sunday
- Erin Dickins Interviewed - A Bebop Spoken Here Exc...
- Important Announcement - Tommasso Starace Quartet ...
- Marianne Faithfull @ The Sage, Gateshead.
- Tonight at The Sage.
- Singers Night - Sheer Delight - Splinter @ The Bri...
- Tonight at The Bridge Hotel, Newcastle
- The End of The World is Nigh.
- Tommaso Starace - amended details.
- R.I.P. Kathy Kirby
- The Impossible Gentlemen
- Maine Street Jazzmen @ Rosie Malone's
- Erin Dickins Nice Girls Don't Stay for Breakfast
- Sandi to play Birmingham.
- Ashington News
- Extra Special Concert @ Blaydon
- Parliament Gets It Right.
- Paul Edis Trio at The Cherry Tree, Monday 16th. Ma...
- River City Jazzmen Query
- RIP Bob Flanigan
- Hannabiell and Midnight Blue @ The Bridge
- Jazz Café Jumps.
- Highlights Of The Victoria Jazz Band at Discovery ...
- From the Jazz Band Ball to the Mambo Inn at Rosie'...
- For David Stephenson
- Hot Antics Pull The Punters @ The Legion.
- New Century News.
- HOT ANTIC JAZZ BAND Weekend starting tonight
- R.I.P. Kevin Savin
- Alan Wilkinson & the Bergen Connection @ Central B...
- Frank Zappa - I'm a bandleader.
- Vieux Carré Jazzmen @ St Nicks.
- Jazz on 3 Wins Sony Award.
- R.I.P. Alfie Hind
- Frith St. @ The Cherry Tree Restaurant, Jesmond.
- CLARE TEAL ON WOMANS HOUR
- The New Mastersounds
- Special Night @ The Cherry Tree Tonight!
- Splinter Super Subs @ The Bridge.
- Little Mo Band @ Central Bar, Gateshead.
- Maine Street Jazzmen @ Ashington Jazz Club May 4
- News From Neds - "The Kid" Retires.
- An Evening with the Barnharts and Friends. Trinity...
- Michael Janisch's Paradigm Quintet @ The Lit and P...
- Jazz and Jam @ Offshore 44.
- Student Performances @ King's Hall, Newcastle Univ...
- Maine Street Jazzmen (more or less) @ Rosies.
- Offshore 44 is the place to be tonight
- Hartlepool Big Band Sessions Resume.
- Customs House Big Band - Open Rehearsal @ New Crow...
- Michael Janisch's Paradigm Shift Concept this Frid...
- Madeleine Peyroux @ The Sage, Gateshead. Monday Ma...
- Extreme Measures @ The Bridge Hotel. May 1st
- Another Wedding!
- A chance to bid farewell to David Carnegie - Thurs...
- Jazz Rascals launch CD @ Barn Asia
- Jazz Café Jam Session.
- Madeleine Peyroux @ The Sage Tomorrow night (May 2...
- Fiddles on Fire This afternoon
- ▼ May ( 79 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)