Bebop Spoken There
Howard Riley: “When I started out playing jazz back in the late 50s, early 60s, if you wanted a gig you had to learn some standards.” – (Jazz Journal April 2017)
Eric Harland: “I love swing and I’m always going to swing but I also know that you can take a hip-hop groove and improvise with that just like you would with a swing pattern.” – (Jazz Journal April 2017)
Today Thursday April 27
Sunday, February 28, 2010
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Friday, February 26, 2010
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Monday, February 22, 2010
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Friday, February 19, 2010
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Monday, February 15, 2010
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Friday, February 12, 2010
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Milestones Jazz Club - The steady beacon which shines for jazz in Lowestoft, first Sunday evening of each month, at The Hotel Hatfield
Tuesday, February 09, 2010
Monday, February 08, 2010
Sunday, February 07, 2010
Saturday, February 06, 2010
(Even) Better Than the Bridge! PAUL EDIS SEXTET – Jazz in the café at the Queen’s Hall Hexham. Friday Feb. 5
Friday, February 05, 2010
Thursday, February 04, 2010
Tuesday, February 02, 2010
- ► 2016 ( 990 )
- ► 2015 ( 1022 )
- ► 2014 ( 1036 )
- ► 2013 ( 1099 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- Claude Werner Quartet - Splinter @ The Bridge
- More on Stepneys Tuesday Mar. 2.
- Anybody looking for a drummer?
- The Sage Gateshead Jazz Festival Preview - Voice o...
- The Spice of Life
- Ian Carr - Celebration of a life in music. Queen E...
- Whatever Next?
- Jazz Aristocracy @ The Cherry Tree
- Soliloquy by Savash Saka - In Memoriam
- Mark Williams Trio.
- HOLD THE FRONT PAGE! The Herald-Tribune will want ...
- WJRK @ Trinity Church, Gosforth.
- Beatles To Bowie Exhibition
- Sage Gateshead Jazz Festival 2010 Preview - The St...
- Maine Street Jazzmen @ Rosie Malone's
- Benny's Last Goodbye
- Plenty New Under the Sun (Ra)
- Farewell Jake Hanna
- Get Me To Debenhams on Time
- It Never Rains But...
- Happy Chinese New Year
- Zoe Gilby Quintet - Splinter @ The Bridge.
- Two Photography Exhibitions in Newcastle
- St Valentine's Day Double Diva Delight Tonight.
- Another lyric.
- Ian Carr Concert Update
- Radio 3 Sees The Light
- An Excellent Show But... Sinatra Live @ The Sands ...
- New release from Tommy Whittle.
- Maine Street Jazzmen @ Rosie's
- Alan Glen Trio Take it to the Bridge One More Time...
- Milestones Jazz Club - The steady beacon which shi...
- Tonight @ The Chilli
- The River City Story by Gordon Solomon.
- Graham Hardy Quartet @ The Cherry Tree Restaurant ...
- Tonight's Tasty Offerings.
- Extreme Pleasures From Extreme Measures - Splinter...
- It's Worth Taking Extreme Measures to Hear Extreme...
- R.I.P. SIR JOHN DANKWORTH
- (Even) Better Than the Bridge! PAUL EDIS SEXTET – ...
- John Hallam & The Roly Veitch Quartet @ The Savill...
- Rosemary Squires Cancer Appeal Show
- Here There and Everywhere.
- River City Jazzmen R.I.P.
- Maureen Hall & Rendezvous Jazz @ Ashington Jazz Cl...
- Customs House Big Band. Open Rehearsal @ New Cro...
- Alyn Cosker Quartet - a Jazz North East Presentati...
- Tonight's The Night
- Andrea Pattinson Quintet @ The Cherry Tree.
- Friday February 5th: John Hallam with the Roly Vei...
- Complete Discs To Die For
- ▼ February ( 52 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)