Bebop Spoken There
June Christy: "We used to say that if Stan [Kenton] had wanted to become President, nobody else would have stood a chance. ''- (Jazz FM issue 4, 1990).
Eddie Condon: "Every Kenton record sounds to me as though Stan signed up 300 men for the date and they were all on time." - (Jazz FM issue 4, 1990).
Today Friday October 28
Saturday, September 18, 2010
Listening Through The Noise - Some Thoughts
- ► 2016 ( 802 )
- ► 2015 ( 1022 )
- ► 2014 ( 1036 )
- ► 2013 ( 1099 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- Goodbye Tony Curtis
- The Gangs All Here - at Rosie Malone's
- Songbook, The Performers.
- Customs House Big Band with Ruth Lambert @ Customs...
- Sefton Samuels - Jazz Legends Up Close
- Tonight @ The Customs House, South Shields...
- Rebecca Parris
- Music Theory on your iPhone!
- Gary Boyle @ Splinter @ The Bridge. September 26th...
- Quote of the Festival
- Scarborough Jazz Festival Day Three - Evening.
- Scarborough Jazz Festival Day Three - Afternoon
- Scarborough Jazz Festival Day Two Evening
- Scarborough Jazz Festival Day Two - Afternoon
- Horn Dogs o/s Fenwick's, Northumberland Street. Sa...
- Scarborough Jazz Festival Day One
- Scarborough Jazz Festival - Day One - Overture
- Eddie Fisher - 'Inside of Heaven'
- A Graphic Thought on Listening Through The Noise.
- Champion day at Rosie Malone's
- Congratulations to Liz and Paul Bacon
- Looks as though Good Friday will be in September ...
- R.I.P. Buddy Collette
- Jazz Singing - Take 25
- A Night With Sinatra - Take 2
- Paul Edis Trio w. Graeme Wilson @ The Cherry Tree ...
- Eugene Chadbourne @ The Bridge Hotel. September 19...
- Tonight's Musical a la carte @ The Cherry Tree
- Scarborough Update
- An Evening with Dr Chad @ The Bridge Hotel, Sunday...
- A Night With Sinatra - Matthew Ford w. Northern Si...
- Afternoon Delights @ the Jazz Café
- Listening Through The Noise - Some Thoughts
- It's GREAT NORTH RUN time.
- Bird Flies in to Rosie's.
- Dordogne International Jazz Summer School by Dougl...
- Preview: A Night With Sinatra - This Sunday @ The ...
- The Crack!
- Listening Through the Noise: The Aesthetics of Exp...
- Legohead @ Splinter @ The Bridge, Newcastle. Septe...
- Keith Nichols is Coming To a Town (or two)
- The Jazz Café Ain't No Church - Hallelujah!
- Splinter @ The Arts Centre. Darlington Arts Centre...
- Maurice Summerfield on Alyn Shipton
- R.I.P. Tito Burns
- Bob Barnard and the Swing City Trio @ Trinity Chur...
- Sweet sounds on a sunny afternoon...
- Tonight at Trinity Church - Bob Barnard
- Remembering Coley Mellett
- Well Did'ja Ever?
- Book Recommendations wanted
- Ruth Lambert, Paul Gamblin and the Blaydon Jazz Tr...
- Belly Dancing at Rosie's
- Today's Specials
- More history from Tommy Henderson
- Zoe Gilby - Looking Glass CD Launch @ The Cluny
- ACV @ Brel, Glasgow. Sat Sept 4.
- Many Happy Returns Sonny Rollins - 80 today.
- Jazz Workshops starting in Gateshead.
- In the Mood for Bitches Brew?
- The Swing Thing
- Splinter @ The Bridge - Mark Williams Trio
- Jazz Café Jam Session
- Newcastle on Sunday - who needs New York? (Bobby D...
- Scarborough Tickets Going Faster Than The Speed of...
- WHITBY FOLK MUSIC FESTIVAL – WHAT’S THAT GOT TO DO...
- Mike Jeffery...
- Maine Street Jazzmen @ Ashington Jazz Club Wed. Se...
- Welcome Aboard Bill Shaw
- Hamlet without the Prince of Denmark (Portugal) - ...
- A Funny Valentine by Mike Maran. Chet Baker lives ...
- Preview - Alexander Stewart @ The Hideaway, Streat...
- ACV @ The Vortex - Tuesday Augusr 31.
- ▼ September ( 73 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)