Bebop Spoken There
John Tynan: "Go ahead, call me reactionary. I happen to object to the musical nonsense being peddled in the name of jazz by John Coltrane and his acolyte Eric Dolphy." - (Downbeat November 22, 1961).
McCoy Tyner: "If anyone want to know how the three of us - Elvin, Jimmy and me - felt about John [Coltrane], listen to the music and you can hear the love and respect we had for each other. The music can really speak more than any of us." - (Melody Maker, August 19, 1967).
Today Wednesday April 26
Thursday, September 03, 2009
Wishing on the Moon - The Maine Street Jazzmen @ Rosie Malone's
- ► 2016 ( 990 )
- ► 2015 ( 1022 )
- ► 2014 ( 1036 )
- ► 2013 ( 1099 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- Mo The Magnificent @ The Chilli.
- Chilli Treat Tonight
- The Minutes Pass Like Hours When You Sing.
- Fred's Lost his Vocal Chords. Vieux Carré Jazzmen ...
- Big Mussel
- Gannets @ Star & Shadow Cinema.
- Billy Hart Quartet Live @ The Village Vanguard.
- Now the Bad News!
- First the Good News. Tonight @ The Star and Shadow...
- The Telegraph On-line Says that Bebop Spoken Here ...
- Ruth Lambert Trio @ Bascule Bar & Bistro
- There'll Be Some Changes Made - Maine Street Jazzm...
- "Exactly Like You" Rebecca Kilgore e Lino Patruno ...
- I Heard It From A Guy Who Heard it From A Guy Who....
- Old Rockin' Chair's Got Me.
- Never turn your back on Adrian T at Scarborough!
- Brew Moore
- Info Wanted on Tommy Henderson
- Bebop Spoken There
- Paul Edis Trio + Graeme Wilson at The Cherry Tree,...
- Sting and the Phoenix Jazzmen (now).
- Rae Brothers New Orleans Jazz Band @ Trinity Centr...
- Scarborough - Sunday
- Scarborough Saturday
- Scarborough Jazz Festival - Friday
- Live at Lanercost presents The Gerry Richardson Tr...
- Roy Williams & John Hallam @ Blaydon Jazz Club.
- McBriarty adds Variety to Maine Street Jazzmen @ R...
- Andy Sheppard takes historic Lanercost Priory by s...
- In Walked Angela
- Alan Glen Trio/Take it to the Bridge @ The Chilli
- Shirley Horn Meets Miles Davis
- Photo Find!
- CONGRATULATIONS TO ROLY VEITCH AND BLAYDON JAZZ CL...
- R.I.P. Irene Sutherland
- More Memorabilia
- Vieux Carré Jazzmen @ The Corner House
- Review - Ruth Lambert's "Easy Street" *****
- Tessa's Back in Town (Sept. 23)
- The Song Is Ended But La Melody Twitters On
- Contraband and other Wansbeck Valley Stompers
- The FOXROCK FOLK CLUB
- China Coast Jazzmen
- Last Night of the Proms
- MJQ (Michael Janisch Quintet) @ Live Theatre, Newc...
- Keith Nichols' Blue Devils with Jeff Barnhart @ Th...
- Frank Brooker, Anne DeVere & Bill Harper @ Blaydon...
- Rosie Malones. Maine Street Jazzmen.
- Art Pepper
- Budvivar/Take It To The Bridge @ The Chilli
- Stepping Out in Café Society.
- A Nostalgia Trip with Colin Aitchison.
- Victor Gaskin Meets Colin Aitchison
- Jazz Anecdotes.
- Supérieur Marc Ducret
- Struttin' With No Barbecue - Vieux Carré Jazzmen @...
- R.I.P. Johnny Graham
- Jazz in the (Bank Holiday) Afternoon
- Giants of Jazz @ Roker Park.
- Hampton Hawes on 3
- Today's find
- Further Thoughts on Chris Connor
- Blue Devils Coming To Town.
- The Roy Sainsbury Story by Ron Chapman.
- Wishing on the Moon - The Maine Street Jazzmen @ R...
- York News
- Bob Ludlum and the Maine Street Jazzmen @ Ashingto...
- Scott Adair/Steve Whitfield Duo @ The Chilli.
- Singers Please Take Note... Variety is the Spice o...
- More Chris Connor on YouTube
- Tonight @ Ashington Jazz Club
- TONIGHT @ THE CHILLI
- Jazz Double Bill coming up @ The Greyhound, West R...
- R.I.P CHRIS CONNOR
- ▼ September ( 74 )
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)