Bebop Spoken There
Alan Luff: “The general view is that Ella’s songbook recordings are the supreme exemplars of sophistication, fine diction and creative voice in the wide field of popular music.” – (Jazz Journal May 2017).
Steve Voce: “Most of us have been crashed into by cretins who walk along the road absorbed in the screens of their mobile phones.” – (Jazz Journal May 2017).
Today Tuesday May 23
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Monday, September 29, 2008
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Monday, September 22, 2008
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Monday, September 15, 2008
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Tuesday, September 09, 2008
Monday, September 08, 2008
Saturday, September 06, 2008
Friday, September 05, 2008
Thursday, September 04, 2008
Wednesday, September 03, 2008
Monday, September 01, 2008
- ► 2016 ( 990 )
- ► 2015 ( 1022 )
- ► 2014 ( 1036 )
- ► 2013 ( 1099 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
- Connie Haines R.I.P.
- Wrap Your Troubles In Dreams - Roly Veitch Trio
- Zoe Gilby Band at the Side Café
- Scarborough Jazz Festival
- Composer of the Week
- Dick Sudhalter R.I.P
- Michael Feinstein at The Sage by Val and Jim
- Sonny Simmons Quartet by John Moles and Russell Co...
- Gerry Richardson Trio + Jim Birkett/Rod Sinclair D...
- Blast From The Past
- Photos Wanted
- A Night of Free Improvisation at the Side Café
- Byker Bop
- Dutch Treat
- Spaced Out Miles
- Jazz Is Where You Find It
- Some Like It Hot (Cream and two sugars please)
- Alan Glen Trio at the Chilli
- Bheki Mseleku - R.I.P.
- Carla Bruni Chanteuse
- Jamie McCredie News Item
- Bird Lives! Audience Dies! Mark Toomey Quartet - S...
- Big Jim Sullivan Trio Plays Jazz From...Jazz Café
- From Little Acorns ...
- New Century Ragtime Orchestra
- Gary Linsley with the Roly Veitch/Jeremy McMurray ...
- Good Queen Bess
- Sven Klang's Kvintett
- Take It To The Bridge
- They CAN Take That Away From Me
- Mark Williams Trio at the Side Café
- Bird? Diz? Joe Oliver Invented Bebop! By "Richard ...
- Cleethorpes Jazz Weekend - Report from John Taylor...
- NEWS FLASH: BUDVIVAR HEXHAM GIG CANCELLED
- Throw In Your Two-bits
- Duncan Eagles Quartet at the National Portrait Gal...
- Roy Sainsbury by Ron Chapman.
- Take It To The Bridge at the Chilli
- BUDVIVAR COMING TO HEXHAM
- Jazz Café Re-opens
- Brian Carrick and the Vieux Carre Jazzmen at Culle...
- Connie Haines R.I.P
- R.I.P. Jack Hutton, Gerry Wiggins, Nat Temple
- Paul Edis Sextet at The Side Café
- ▼ September ( 44 )
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)