Bebop Spoken There
Pat Metheny: "For me, every performance is an event." - (Crescendo July 1978).
Robin Eubanks: “It was a wonderful time in my life [playing in a funk band], for sure. Having girls scream at you when you’re 15 or 16 was kinda cool.” – (Jazz Times October 2014).
Today Tuesday October 21
Always a stomping good session.
Gavin's bands are always interesting and this is well worth the trip.
Saturday, June 09, 2012
John Hallam with the Paul Edis Trio @ Blaydon Jazz Club.June 7.
- ► 2014 ( 839 )
- ► 2013 ( 1099 )
- Strictly Smokin' Big Band - Blowing Up a Storm whi...
- Start Spreading The News...
- Book Review: Candace Allen - Soul Music.
- Take the A Train with Radio 4
- The End of an Era in Darlington
- CD Review - Gabriele Poso: Roots of Soul.
- Today's Playlist:
- Redemption Jazz/Take it to the Bridge - Wednesday...
- CD Review - Joe Stilgoe: We Look To The Stars.
- More Down Beat Poll News
- More on Bobby Carr
- Ray Chester Latest from Mia Web.
- Tomorrow (Wednesday June 27) @ The Chilli.
- Down Beat Critics Poll Winners 2012.
- Southbound @ The Bridge Hotel. Sunday June 24
- Tune in to 102.5FM
- Welcome back Paul Grainger to Jazz Café Society
- CD Review: Christian Scott Atunde Adjuah Christian...
- Abram Wilson Funeral, Memorial Service Details and...
- New Baltic Exhibition.
- The Melfi A.K.A. Val and the V's.
- Hot Line To Hong Kong.
- Jazz America
- CD Review - Joe Leader: Seductive Sax.
- Next Wednesday (June 27) @ The Chilli.
- The Great American Songbook, The Sage, Gateshead. ...
- CD Review - Julian Bliss: A Tribute to Benny Goodm...
- The Wonder of Orla Murphy.
- CD Review: Mole - What's The Meaning?
- Burton Agnes Jazz and Blues Festival July 6th, 7th...
- How on Earth could this happen? RIP Scott Johnson....
- I've Got To Sing a Torch Song
- ACV @ The Bridge Hotel. June 17.
- The Tea Pad's Sunshine Medicine show - 2012 Cumber...
- R.I.P. Margie Hyams
- Russell Calling
- The King's Speech - Take 1
- The Customs House Big Band w. Ruth Lambert @ Savil...
- One for Djangophiles - Angelo Debarre - Thomas Dut...
- Claire Kelly Quartet @ Hoochie Coochie. June 14
- World Service Project & Alfie Ryner @ Star & Shado...
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARYL
- RIP Graeme Bell
- So you think you can sight read?
- The Blaydon Aces @ The Lit and Phil
- Memo From Mike
- CD Review: Centennial - Newly Discovered Works of ...
- Sheila Taylor Funeral Arrangements
- CD Review - Tommaso Starace Quartet: Simply 'Marve...
- Mark Toomey Quartet @ The Cherry Tree.
- Kate Peters Septet @ The Bridge
- Don Fairley and the Friends of Jazz. ASHINGTON JAZ...
- RIP Abram Wilson!
- CD Review - Nick Vayenas: "Nick Vayenas."
- John Hallam with the Paul Edis Trio @ Blaydon Jazz...
- Sad News From Ashington - R.I.P. Sheila Taylor
- Watson, Walker, Edis @ The Lit and Phil.
- CD Review: World Service Project – Alfie Ryner (Ma...
- Daryl Sherman on Facebook
- Bebop Spoken
- Art Pepper: More "Tastes from the Widow's Kitchen"...
- CD Review: Gan Canny - The Blaydon Aces
- RIP Joe Shenton
- Jazz Esquires @ The Porthole - Mussolini @ Alum Ho...
- New York Jazz Scene
- Zoe Gilby@ The Cherry Tree. Monday June 4.
- Newly Discovered Works of Gil Evans released on CD...
- Take the Metro Train and make sure they Drop You O...
- CD Review - Pat Metheny: Unity Band
- The Ruth Lambert Quintet At The Bridge Hotel Sunda...
- Northern Monkey Brass Band @ Newcastle Green Festi...
- RIP Andy Hamilton
- Hannabiell and Midnight Blue @ The Green Festival,...
- A June Bride - aaaah!
- Pardon me boy...
- Bebop Spoken
- Ray Chester
- Ruth Lambert @ The Newcastle Green Festival. June ...
- Gavin Lee’s 7th Street Dixieland Band: Jazz @ the ...
- Jazz Jubilee.
- Fenkle Street the Frith Street of the North
- ▼ June ( 81 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)
Contact: email@example.com I look forward to hearing from you.