Bebop Spoken There
Today Thursday May 28
VIEUX CARRE JAZZMEN - The Millstone, Haddricks Mill Rd., South Gosforth, NE3 1QL. 1:00pm. 0191 2853429. FREE.
New Orleans in nice pub with 4 real ales, good food and a banjo!
MAINE STREET JAZZMEN - Potters Wheel, Sunniside, NE16 5EE.8.30pm. Free.
Good Time jazz with vocals by Olive.
THE TEES HOT CLUB - Dorman's, Oxford Rd., Linthorpe, Middlesborough, TS5 5DT. 01642 823813. 9pm. Free admission.
Gypsy jazz with guests Kevin Eland (tpt); Ray Dales (alt); Jeff Aucott (keys). .
Monthly - Tonight's the night!.
Monthly - Back June 11.
PILGRIM STREET SET - Hoochie Coochie, 54 Pilgrim St., Newcastle NE1 6SF. 8pm. Free.
Hard blowing modern. Monthly - back June 11.
JAZZ MEETS FOLK - The Globe, 11 Railway St., Newcastle NE4 7AD. 7.30pm. Free.
Monthly - Back June 4.
POCKET JAZZ ORCHESTRA - Ship, Church Lane, Redmarshall, Stockton TS21 1EP. 8pm.
Jeremy McMurray, Peter Ayton, Paul Smith, Mark Toomey and guest vocalist Jackie Summers.
Monthly - Back on June 4.
Monthly - Back June 4.
RENDEZVOUS JAZZ - St. Joseph's CMS Club, Birtley. 8.30pm. £3/£2.50.
Classic trad - Monthly Back June 4.
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Bobby Carr @ The Porthole, North Shields.
- ► 2014 ( 1036 )
- ► 2013 ( 1099 )
- DVD Released today - The Jazz Baroness
- DAGDA w. JEAN TOUSSAINT - Splinter @ The Bridge, N...
- Jazz Café
- Tonight's Jazz Line-UP on BBC Radio 3.
- Doggin' Around Hull.
- New Century Ragtime Orchestra - Jazz @ The Fell @ ...
- Meet the Fireflies.
- News Flash! No More Rascals.
- Zoe Gilby Quartet @ Hoochie Coochie.
- R.I.P. Derek Bridge.
- Jazz Esquires @ The Porthole.
- Bobby Carr @ The Porthole, North Shields.
- We Free Kings - Schmazz @ The Cluny. April 24
- Ray Dales w. the Jeremy McMurray Trio @ The Cherry...
- Those Were The Days! Newcastle Jazz Festival 1972....
- Jazz Café
- Redemption Jazz @ The Bridge
- Darlington Jazz Festival @ The Forum Music Centre....
- Some updates
- Darlington Jazz Festival - Sold Out!
- The Blue Jazz Quintet/Take it to The Bridge Jazz W...
- CANCELLED: Irma Thomas & The Norman Beaker Band at...
- Death of a Legend. Bert Weedon R.I.P.
- Wilbur's Fate @ Hoochie Coochie April 19.
- R.I.P. Teddy Charles
- R.I.P. Moira Brown
- Marian McPartland Petition
- Thank you from Rita Nicholson
- Geordie Sinatra Trailer
- CD Review: Euan Burton - Occurrences
- Cambridge Folk Festival – But It’s Not All Folk
- Funding Blow For North East Jazz.
- Solihull Jazz and Blues Festival.
- Art Pepper: (More) Tastes From The Widow's Kitchen...
- They Said Goodbye to Brookmeyer.
- Sean Noonan’s Bourne to Brew @ The Bridge. April 1...
- Shakespeare’s Sonnets and All That Jazz
- Filthy Six @ Hoochie Coochie
- Chicago meets Lanercost.
- New Orleans Z'hulus - Jazz in the (Boston) Spa, Sa...
- A Night To Remember...
- JAZZ AT THE FELL AT THE BRITISH LEGION CLUB - Get ...
- Farewell to Hal McKusick
- Blues in the Closet - Vasilis Xenopoulos with Jim ...
- CD Review: "Frequent Flyer" – Lorenzo Feliciati.
- You Can't Keep a Good Man Down - More on Bobby Car...
- Budtones @ Queen's Hall, Hexham. April 12.
- Kit Downes Quintet @ The Lit & Phil, Newcastle. 12...
- Royal Garden Blues - Ruth Digs
- Safe Sextet @ Hoochie Coochie
- Blaydon Bulletin
- Bill Nicholson Funeral Arrangements.
- CD Review - George Crowley Quartet; Paper Universe...
- CD Review: Match & Fuse (No.3) World Service Proje...
- CD Review: Match & Fuse (No.4) World Service Proje...
- Dave's Dialogue
- Message From Mike Durham
- World Service Project No. 4 w. Tribraco.
- R.I.P. Bill Nicholson (tenor sax/clarinet)
- Jazz In The Afternoon. Crescent Club Cullercoats ...
- Groove-a-matics @ Tyne Bar - The Show Didn't Go On...
- Quote of the weekend
- Swing City Trio w. Ray Harley @ Darlington Arts Ce...
- Greg Spero Trio - Splinter @ The Bridge Hotel, New...
- Tonight @ The Bridge
- Dos Guitars/Elaine Binney and the Jazz Rascals @ A...
- Jay Phelps Big Band @ The Sage.
- Clare Teal w. the Jay Phelps Big Band @ The Sage.
- Eric Stutt on Good Friday @ The Jazz Café (On Fac...
- We Have Our Agents Everywhere - look out for them ...
- Spero sets the pace - Greg Spero Trio @ Dacre Hall...
- Digby Fairweather Joins Keith Nichols at Customs H...
- Zoe Gilby Quartet @ Blaydon Jazz Club. Thursday Ap...
- Paul Edis Sextet, Queen’s Hall, Hexham. Thursday A...
- Strictly Smokin' Big Band @ Hoochie Coochie
- Jazz on BBC Radio 3 at Easter.
- Death of Jim Marshall aged 88.
- Art Pepper: Tastes From the Widow's Kitchen.
- Night Lights - Gerry Mulligan
- Spring Jazz at the Continental, Preston, Lancs
- Message to Mike Durham
- Customs House Big Band
- Daryl Sherman Carrying Cole to Newcastle (Gateshea...
- Doris Day - Put 'Em In A Box, Tie 'Em With A Ribbo...
- RIP Jim Perry
- Frith Street @ The Cherry Tree.
- Djangologie - Jazz in the (Boston) Spa. Saturday M...
- Jazz @ The Fell @ The Legion - Gavin Lee's New Orl...
- A Jazz Day Out. Sunday April 1.
- Only 24 bars from The Bridge... Jazz Café Jam
- ▼ April ( 90 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)
Posting a Comment
Posting a comment.
1) Click on comments (at the foot of the posting.).
2) In the window that appears Click on...O Name/URL.
3) Type your name in the box (URL is optional).
4) Click on Publish your comment..
5) Type the jumbled word verification if asked.
Alternatively, email me - email@example.com.