Bebop Spoken There
Dave Cliff: "I was doing a boring day job for an electric company [NEEB]. It was office work, boring. I hated it. That was the stimulus to get out" – (Jazz Review December 2001).
Bob Kaper: "After maybe a month on the road you might say, ok, let's go home now. But, after a week, you want to get back out again!" – (Jazz Review December 2001).
Saturday July 2
Spirit of New Orleans - St Augustine’s Parish Centre, Larchfield Tce., Darlington DL3 7TG. 12:30pm. £10.00.
Tees Valley Jazzmen - Devonport Hotel, 16-18 the Front, Middleton One Row, Co. Durham. 1:30pm. Free.
Play Jazz! workshop - Sage Gateshead. 2:00pm. £20.00. (£18.00. Jazz Co-op shareholder).
Tyne Valley Big Band - Haydon Bridge Festival, Low Hall Park, Haydon Bridge. NE47 6AE. 5:15pm.
Joel McCullough Byrne (solo guitar) - Cherry Tree Restaurant, 9 Osborne Rd., Jesmond, Newcastle. 7:30pm. No cover charge.
Belinda Voshtina/Mark Williams - Redwood Bar, Vermont Hotel, Castle Garth, Newcastle NE1 1RQ. Free 7.pm 0191 2331010.
Steve Glendinning Quartet -The Globe, 11 Railway St., Newcastle NE4 7AD. 8:00pm. £5.00.
Mia Webb/Roy Willis - New Ship Inn, Sunderland Rd, Cleadon. 7:00pm.
Rendezvous Jazz - Sandpiper, Farringdon Road, Cullercoats. NE30 3ER. 0191 2535050. 8:30pm. £3.00.
Taupe, Zoë Gilby: Watching Sideways, Not Now Charlie, Mick Beck/Charlie Collins/Derek Saw - Cluny 2. 7:00pm. Free. NARC Festival (JNE promo).
To the best of our knowledge, details of the above events are correct but may be subject to alteration.
Saturday, May 28, 2011
Tommorrow - an Evening of Contrast
- ► 2016 ( 484 )
- ► 2015 ( 1022 )
- ► 2014 ( 1036 )
- ► 2013 ( 1099 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- What a Swell Party This Was - celebrating Lily Vei...
- Joan Marron
- Martin Taylor News.
- Mikolaj Trzaska Trio @ The Bridge Hotel.May 29th
- Birthday Bash at Blaydon Tonight
- The Budtones @The Jazz Cafe - Saturday 28th May
- Scottish Jazz Awards
- Bard Lives.
- Melody Maker 1926
- Django Bates' Beloved Bird @ The Sage, Gateshead.
- Skywalkin' @ The Central Bar, Gateshead.
- Tommorrow - an Evening of Contrast
- Next Friday at the Saville Exchange.
- The Wigan International Jazz Festival
- Strictly Smokin' Big Band @ The Punchbowl,Jesmond....
- If you happen to be in Barbados - David Carnegie u...
- Maine St. Jazzmen @ Rosie's.
- A Tale of Two Venues - Tommaso Starace Quartet @ (...
- Emma Wilson Broadcast this Sunday
- Erin Dickins Interviewed - A Bebop Spoken Here Exc...
- Important Announcement - Tommasso Starace Quartet ...
- Marianne Faithfull @ The Sage, Gateshead.
- Tonight at The Sage.
- Singers Night - Sheer Delight - Splinter @ The Bri...
- Tonight at The Bridge Hotel, Newcastle
- The End of The World is Nigh.
- Tommaso Starace - amended details.
- R.I.P. Kathy Kirby
- The Impossible Gentlemen
- Maine Street Jazzmen @ Rosie Malone's
- Erin Dickins Nice Girls Don't Stay for Breakfast
- Sandi to play Birmingham.
- Ashington News
- Extra Special Concert @ Blaydon
- Parliament Gets It Right.
- Paul Edis Trio at The Cherry Tree, Monday 16th. Ma...
- River City Jazzmen Query
- RIP Bob Flanigan
- Hannabiell and Midnight Blue @ The Bridge
- Jazz Café Jumps.
- Highlights Of The Victoria Jazz Band at Discovery ...
- From the Jazz Band Ball to the Mambo Inn at Rosie'...
- For David Stephenson
- Hot Antics Pull The Punters @ The Legion.
- New Century News.
- HOT ANTIC JAZZ BAND Weekend starting tonight
- R.I.P. Kevin Savin
- Alan Wilkinson & the Bergen Connection @ Central B...
- Frank Zappa - I'm a bandleader.
- Vieux Carré Jazzmen @ St Nicks.
- Jazz on 3 Wins Sony Award.
- R.I.P. Alfie Hind
- Frith St. @ The Cherry Tree Restaurant, Jesmond.
- CLARE TEAL ON WOMANS HOUR
- The New Mastersounds
- Special Night @ The Cherry Tree Tonight!
- Splinter Super Subs @ The Bridge.
- Little Mo Band @ Central Bar, Gateshead.
- Maine Street Jazzmen @ Ashington Jazz Club May 4
- News From Neds - "The Kid" Retires.
- An Evening with the Barnharts and Friends. Trinity...
- Michael Janisch's Paradigm Quintet @ The Lit and P...
- Jazz and Jam @ Offshore 44.
- Student Performances @ King's Hall, Newcastle Univ...
- Maine Street Jazzmen (more or less) @ Rosies.
- Offshore 44 is the place to be tonight
- Hartlepool Big Band Sessions Resume.
- Customs House Big Band - Open Rehearsal @ New Crow...
- Michael Janisch's Paradigm Shift Concept this Frid...
- Madeleine Peyroux @ The Sage, Gateshead. Monday Ma...
- Extreme Measures @ The Bridge Hotel. May 1st
- Another Wedding!
- A chance to bid farewell to David Carnegie - Thurs...
- Jazz Rascals launch CD @ Barn Asia
- Jazz Café Jam Session.
- Madeleine Peyroux @ The Sage Tomorrow night (May 2...
- Fiddles on Fire This afternoon
- ▼ May ( 79 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)
Posting a Comment
Posting a comment.
1) Click on comments (at the foot of the posting.).
2) In the window that appears Click on...O Name/URL.
3) Type your name in the box (URL is optional).
4) Click on Publish your comment..
5) Type the jumbled word verification if asked.
Alternatively, email me - firstname.lastname@example.org.