Bebop Spoken There
Benny Goodman: “...maybe Fletcher [Henderson] isn't the best pianist going, but he knows what we want.” – (Down Beat December 15, 1939).
Sonny Rollins: “I don't feel I'm as great as they think I am.” – (Down Beat November 28, 1956).
Today Sunday February 7
Thursday, April 21, 2011
Struttin' With Some Barbecue in Kowloon.
- ► 2015 ( 1022 )
- ► 2014 ( 1036 )
- ► 2013 ( 1099 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- ELAINE BINNEY & THE JAZZ RASCALS - CD LAUNCH
- William, Kate, Harry James & Robert Crais
- Jazz on the Quayside
- A Few Jazz Weddings
- Neon @ Gateshead Old Town Hall. April 28
- The Bridge Is Down!
- The Blues Band @ The Sage.
- Maine Street Jazzmen @ Rosie's
- Gasbook Googling! Ruth Lambert Quintet - Jazz in t...
- Boots Mussulli - unsung hero.
- Music Training May Keep Aging Brain Healthy.
- The Blues Band @ The Sage Tomorrow Night
- Can you help Anna?
- Kyle Eastwood Band @ The Sage Gateshead.
- Thin Red Line @ The Bridge Hotel. 17th April
- World Class Concert at Gateshead Old Town Hall thi...
- The Ghost of Marsden Grotto - Colin 'Kid' Dawson.
- Tonight @ The Sage - Kyle Eastwood Band.
- Easter Jazz Frolics
- AND ANOTHER GREAT AFTERNOON – JAZZ CAFE ON SUNDAY!...
- 800 YEARS ON........A GOOD AFTERNOON WAS HAD BY AL...
- Emma Wilson Meets Henry Lowther.
- Notes From a Jazz Survivor
- 800 years on...
- Hartley Jams @ Rosie's.
- Struttin' With Some Barbecue in Kowloon.
- Eastwoods Ancient and Modern plus Art Tatum and Ro...
- Nick Pride and the Pimptones - update.
- HUGH LAURIE – BIG SURPRISE!
- Pam Young's photos of Larry Coryell and Mumbai Jaz...
- Elaine Binney and the Jazz Rascals @ The Cherry Tr...
- Farewell to Bill Shenton
- NeWt + 1 on Radio 3 ronight.
- Tonight at the Cherry Tree
- ACV - Splinter @ The Bridge Hotel, Newcastle.
- Ray Stubbs All-Stars @ Central Bar, Gateshead.
- Jam Session @ The Bridge Thursday April 14.
- Sammy Rimington @ The Fell @ The Legion Part 2.
- A Child Is Born
- CD Review: Tommaso Starace Quartet - Blood and Cha...
- Jazz Today on Radio 3
- Sammy Rimington @ Jazz @ The Fell @ Gateshead Brit...
- Jazz Café Photos from Ali Ramsy
- Swingin' @ The Swallow Hilltop, Carlisle
- Larry Coryell & Mumbai Jazz @ Gateshead Old Town H...
- Stop Press! The Studio @ Hartlepool Folds!
- Maine Street Jazzmen @ Rosie Malone's
- Tonight I want to be here there and everywhere!
- Calypso in Crook! Edis, Shoulder and Veitch at St....
- Roly Veitch Trio - Wrap Your Troubles In Dreams*
- Syd Dale, the Squadronaires and more.
- Jim Birkett w. Maine St. Jazzmen @Ashington Jazz C...
- News Flash! Budvivar Breaking up.
- We're in the Shields Gazette tonight!
- Elaine Binney, the Jazz Rascals and the Mystical M...
- Ralph Sharon on Drummers.
- The Zoe Gilby Quartet(ish) @ The Cherry Tree, Jesm...
- Vocal treat tonight at the Cherry Tree
- VOTNJO - Splinter @ The Bridge Hotel, Newcastle.
- Lyndon Anderson Band @ The Central Bar, Gateshead....
- Martin Litton and Spats Langham @ Trinity Centre, ...
- Two programmes of interest today.
- Notes From a Small Island
- Basingstoke and all those jazz buses!
- Birtley Benefits from Gateshead Grant
- Rendezvous Jazz @ St. Joseph's CMS Club, Birtley. ...
- A Pub With No Beer Maine Street Jazzmen @ Rosie Ma...
- More photos from The Sage.
- CD review. Elaine Binney and The Jazz Rascals
- Message from Mike Durham
- Whitley Bay Update (via New York)
- Panama Query
- A Touch of Nostalgia.
- NeWt + 1 @ The Bridge.
- Jazz Café Jam
- Dances With Wolves - Elaine Binney and the Jazz Ra...
- Latin Carnival Beats at The Sage
- These Girls Are No Mere Butterflies!
- Customs House Big Band @ The Customs House, South ...
- PAUL EDIS SEXTET – Jazz in the café at the Queen’s...
- The East West Divide
- ▼ April ( 82 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)
Posting a Comment
Posting a comment.
1) Click on comments (at the foot of the posting.).
2) In the window that appears Click on...O Name/URL.
3) Type your name in the box (URL is optional).
4) Click on Publish your comment..
5) Type the jumbled word verification if asked.
Alternatively, email me - email@example.com.