Bebop Spoken There
Dave Cliff: "I was doing a boring day job for an electric company [NEEB]. It was office work, boring. I hated it. That was the stimulus to get out" – (Jazz Review December 2001).
Bob Kaper: "After maybe a month on the road you might say, ok, let's go home now. But, after a week, you want to get back out again!" – (Jazz Review December 2001).
Today Saturday July 2
Spirit of New Orleans - St Augustine’s Parish Centre, Larchfield Tce., Darlington DL3 7TG. 12:30pm. £10.00.
Tees Valley Jazzmen - Devonport Hotel, 16-18 the Front, Middleton One Row, Co. Durham. 1:30pm. Free.
Play Jazz! workshop - Sage Gateshead. 2:00pm. £20.00. (£18.00. Jazz Co-op shareholder).
Tyne Valley Big Band - Haydon Bridge Festival, Low Hall Park, Haydon Bridge. NE47 6AE. 5:15pm.
Joel McCullough Byrne (solo guitar) - Cherry Tree Restaurant, 9 Osborne Rd., Jesmond, Newcastle. 7:30pm. No cover charge.
Belinda Voshtina/Mark Williams - Redwood Bar, Vermont Hotel, Castle Garth, Newcastle NE1 1RQ. Free 7.pm 0191 2331010.
Steve Glendinning Quartet -The Globe, 11 Railway St., Newcastle NE4 7AD. 8:00pm. £5.00.
Mia Webb/Roy Willis - New Ship Inn, Sunderland Rd, Cleadon. 7:00pm.
Rendezvous Jazz - Sandpiper, Farringdon Road, Cullercoats. NE30 3ER. 0191 2535050. 8:30pm. £3.00.
Taupe, Zoë Gilby: Watching Sideways, Not Now Charlie, Mick Beck/Charlie Collins/Derek Saw - Cluny 2. 7:00pm. Free. NARC Festival (JNE promo).
To the best of our knowledge, details of the above events are correct but may be subject to alteration.
Monday, September 06, 2010
The Swing Thing
- ► 2016 ( 484 )
- ► 2015 ( 1022 )
- ► 2014 ( 1036 )
- ► 2013 ( 1099 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- Goodbye Tony Curtis
- The Gangs All Here - at Rosie Malone's
- Songbook, The Performers.
- Customs House Big Band with Ruth Lambert @ Customs...
- Sefton Samuels - Jazz Legends Up Close
- Tonight @ The Customs House, South Shields...
- Rebecca Parris
- Music Theory on your iPhone!
- Gary Boyle @ Splinter @ The Bridge. September 26th...
- Quote of the Festival
- Scarborough Jazz Festival Day Three - Evening.
- Scarborough Jazz Festival Day Three - Afternoon
- Scarborough Jazz Festival Day Two Evening
- Scarborough Jazz Festival Day Two - Afternoon
- Horn Dogs o/s Fenwick's, Northumberland Street. Sa...
- Scarborough Jazz Festival Day One
- Scarborough Jazz Festival - Day One - Overture
- Eddie Fisher - 'Inside of Heaven'
- A Graphic Thought on Listening Through The Noise.
- Champion day at Rosie Malone's
- Congratulations to Liz and Paul Bacon
- Looks as though Good Friday will be in September ...
- R.I.P. Buddy Collette
- Jazz Singing - Take 25
- A Night With Sinatra - Take 2
- Paul Edis Trio w. Graeme Wilson @ The Cherry Tree ...
- Eugene Chadbourne @ The Bridge Hotel. September 19...
- Tonight's Musical a la carte @ The Cherry Tree
- Scarborough Update
- An Evening with Dr Chad @ The Bridge Hotel, Sunday...
- A Night With Sinatra - Matthew Ford w. Northern Si...
- Afternoon Delights @ the Jazz Café
- Listening Through The Noise - Some Thoughts
- It's GREAT NORTH RUN time.
- Bird Flies in to Rosie's.
- Dordogne International Jazz Summer School by Dougl...
- Preview: A Night With Sinatra - This Sunday @ The ...
- The Crack!
- Listening Through the Noise: The Aesthetics of Exp...
- Legohead @ Splinter @ The Bridge, Newcastle. Septe...
- Keith Nichols is Coming To a Town (or two)
- The Jazz Café Ain't No Church - Hallelujah!
- Splinter @ The Arts Centre. Darlington Arts Centre...
- Maurice Summerfield on Alyn Shipton
- R.I.P. Tito Burns
- Bob Barnard and the Swing City Trio @ Trinity Chur...
- Sweet sounds on a sunny afternoon...
- Tonight at Trinity Church - Bob Barnard
- Remembering Coley Mellett
- Well Did'ja Ever?
- Book Recommendations wanted
- Ruth Lambert, Paul Gamblin and the Blaydon Jazz Tr...
- Belly Dancing at Rosie's
- Today's Specials
- More history from Tommy Henderson
- Zoe Gilby - Looking Glass CD Launch @ The Cluny
- ACV @ Brel, Glasgow. Sat Sept 4.
- Many Happy Returns Sonny Rollins - 80 today.
- Jazz Workshops starting in Gateshead.
- In the Mood for Bitches Brew?
- The Swing Thing
- Splinter @ The Bridge - Mark Williams Trio
- Jazz Café Jam Session
- Newcastle on Sunday - who needs New York? (Bobby D...
- Scarborough Tickets Going Faster Than The Speed of...
- WHITBY FOLK MUSIC FESTIVAL – WHAT’S THAT GOT TO DO...
- Mike Jeffery...
- Maine Street Jazzmen @ Ashington Jazz Club Wed. Se...
- Welcome Aboard Bill Shaw
- Hamlet without the Prince of Denmark (Portugal) - ...
- A Funny Valentine by Mike Maran. Chet Baker lives ...
- Preview - Alexander Stewart @ The Hideaway, Streat...
- ACV @ The Vortex - Tuesday Augusr 31.
- ▼ September ( 73 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)
Posting a Comment
Posting a comment.
1) Click on comments (at the foot of the posting.).
2) In the window that appears Click on...O Name/URL.
3) Type your name in the box (URL is optional).
4) Click on Publish your comment..
5) Type the jumbled word verification if asked.
Alternatively, email me - firstname.lastname@example.org.