Bebop Spoken There
George Webb: "I have heard so many bands earning good money when they shouldn't have been playing in public at all - (Melody Maker June 15, 1957). From Colin Aitchison's amazing collection).
Cécile McLorin Salvant: “The banjo is one of my favourite instruments…” – (Jazzwise September 2015).
Today Saturday September 5
Early Bird Sessions - Lit & Phil, 23 Westgate Rd., Newcastle NE1 1SG. 11:00am. £2.00. Post-workshop half hour performance.
Frank Brooker’s Happy Chappies - St Augustine’s, Darlington. 12:30pm. £10.00.
Play Jazz! - Sage Gateshead. 2:00pm. £20.00. ‘Take the Jazz Train’ workshop led by Stu Finden. A Jazz Co-op event.
Shoeshop Quartet @ BAA Festival (Bellingham All Acoustic) - Brownrigg Lodges, Bellingham. NE48 2HR. Tel: 01434 221235. Day ticket £25.00.
Lindsay Hannon Plus, Iceni + others - Boiler Shop Steamer, Sussex Street, Newcastle. 3:00pm. £6.00.
Sunderland Blues & Acoustic Music Festival - Dun Cow, Sunderland. 1:00pm. Free. Line-up inc. Billy Newton, Gary Grainger, George Shovlin, George Lamb, Hokum Hotshots, Lee Bates, Michael Littlefield, Rod Sinclair & others. Twenty seven musicians (!), two stages (upstairs & downstairs).
Anna Reay/Deon Krishnan- Redwood Bar, Vermont Hotel, Castle Garth, Newcastle NE1 1RQ ?pm. Free.
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Get Me To Debenhams on Time
- ► 2015 ( 666 )
- ► 2014 ( 1036 )
- ► 2013 ( 1099 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- Claude Werner Quartet - Splinter @ The Bridge
- More on Stepneys Tuesday Mar. 2.
- Anybody looking for a drummer?
- The Sage Gateshead Jazz Festival Preview - Voice o...
- The Spice of Life
- Ian Carr - Celebration of a life in music. Queen E...
- Whatever Next?
- Jazz Aristocracy @ The Cherry Tree
- Soliloquy by Savash Saka - In Memoriam
- Mark Williams Trio.
- HOLD THE FRONT PAGE! The Herald-Tribune will want ...
- WJRK @ Trinity Church, Gosforth.
- Beatles To Bowie Exhibition
- Sage Gateshead Jazz Festival 2010 Preview - The St...
- Maine Street Jazzmen @ Rosie Malone's
- Benny's Last Goodbye
- Plenty New Under the Sun (Ra)
- Farewell Jake Hanna
- Get Me To Debenhams on Time
- It Never Rains But...
- Happy Chinese New Year
- Zoe Gilby Quintet - Splinter @ The Bridge.
- Two Photography Exhibitions in Newcastle
- St Valentine's Day Double Diva Delight Tonight.
- Another lyric.
- Ian Carr Concert Update
- Radio 3 Sees The Light
- An Excellent Show But... Sinatra Live @ The Sands ...
- New release from Tommy Whittle.
- Maine Street Jazzmen @ Rosie's
- Alan Glen Trio Take it to the Bridge One More Time...
- Milestones Jazz Club - The steady beacon which shi...
- Tonight @ The Chilli
- The River City Story by Gordon Solomon.
- Graham Hardy Quartet @ The Cherry Tree Restaurant ...
- Tonight's Tasty Offerings.
- Extreme Pleasures From Extreme Measures - Splinter...
- It's Worth Taking Extreme Measures to Hear Extreme...
- R.I.P. SIR JOHN DANKWORTH
- (Even) Better Than the Bridge! PAUL EDIS SEXTET – ...
- John Hallam & The Roly Veitch Quartet @ The Savill...
- Rosemary Squires Cancer Appeal Show
- Here There and Everywhere.
- River City Jazzmen R.I.P.
- Maureen Hall & Rendezvous Jazz @ Ashington Jazz Cl...
- Customs House Big Band. Open Rehearsal @ New Cro...
- Alyn Cosker Quartet - a Jazz North East Presentati...
- Tonight's The Night
- Andrea Pattinson Quintet @ The Cherry Tree.
- Friday February 5th: John Hallam with the Roly Vei...
- Complete Discs To Die For
- ▼ February ( 52 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)
Posting a Comment
Posting a comment.
1) Click on comments (at the foot of the posting.).
2) In the window that appears Click on...O Name/URL.
3) Type your name in the box (URL is optional).
4) Click on Publish your comment..
5) Type the jumbled word verification if asked.
Alternatively, email me - email@example.com.