Bebop Spoken There
Eddie Harris: "I haven't been given the stamp of acclaim--by whoever it is does the stamping." - (Down Beat June 15, 1966).
Today Wednesday July 30
VIEUX CARRE JAZZMEN - Crescent Club, 1 Hudleston, Cullercoats NE30 3OS. 1pm. Free.
New Orleans Jazz. Raffles and a jolly afternoon.
JAZZ ESQUIRES - Porthole, North Shields' Ferry Landing. 1pm. Free.
Ferry from South Shields quarter to and quarter past. On the hour and half hour coming back.
Regular workshop - sitters in welcome.
BUSKERS NIGHT HOSTED BY RUTH LAMBERT - The Avalon, 26 South Parade, Whitley Bay. 9pm. Free.
All welcome. Keyboards, free buffet, drinks tokens for performers, real ale, real music.
IAN WYNNE (pno); JOHN ROBINSON (bs) - Springwell Village Hall, Fell Rd., Gateshead NE9 7RP. 0191 4162630. 9pm. £2.
Ragtime, Stride, Classic Jazz piano in the manner of Jelly Roll, Willie the Lion, James P and others by a young man with an old head on his shoulders and lightning quick hands. Aided and abetted by solid string bass playing.
The Teesside Hot Club swinging at the Bay. Fortnightly back on August 6.
Monthly. Back August 6 w. PAUL SKERRITT BAND.
Monday, February 01, 2010
Friday February 5th: John Hallam with the Roly Veitch Quartet
- ► 2014 ( 635 )
- ► 2013 ( 1099 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- Claude Werner Quartet - Splinter @ The Bridge
- More on Stepneys Tuesday Mar. 2.
- Anybody looking for a drummer?
- The Sage Gateshead Jazz Festival Preview - Voice o...
- The Spice of Life
- Ian Carr - Celebration of a life in music. Queen E...
- Whatever Next?
- Jazz Aristocracy @ The Cherry Tree
- Soliloquy by Savash Saka - In Memoriam
- Mark Williams Trio.
- HOLD THE FRONT PAGE! The Herald-Tribune will want ...
- WJRK @ Trinity Church, Gosforth.
- Beatles To Bowie Exhibition
- Sage Gateshead Jazz Festival 2010 Preview - The St...
- Maine Street Jazzmen @ Rosie Malone's
- Benny's Last Goodbye
- Plenty New Under the Sun (Ra)
- Farewell Jake Hanna
- Get Me To Debenhams on Time
- It Never Rains But...
- Happy Chinese New Year
- Zoe Gilby Quintet - Splinter @ The Bridge.
- Two Photography Exhibitions in Newcastle
- St Valentine's Day Double Diva Delight Tonight.
- Another lyric.
- Ian Carr Concert Update
- Radio 3 Sees The Light
- An Excellent Show But... Sinatra Live @ The Sands ...
- New release from Tommy Whittle.
- Maine Street Jazzmen @ Rosie's
- Alan Glen Trio Take it to the Bridge One More Time...
- Milestones Jazz Club - The steady beacon which shi...
- Tonight @ The Chilli
- The River City Story by Gordon Solomon.
- Graham Hardy Quartet @ The Cherry Tree Restaurant ...
- Tonight's Tasty Offerings.
- Extreme Pleasures From Extreme Measures - Splinter...
- It's Worth Taking Extreme Measures to Hear Extreme...
- R.I.P. SIR JOHN DANKWORTH
- (Even) Better Than the Bridge! PAUL EDIS SEXTET – ...
- John Hallam & The Roly Veitch Quartet @ The Savill...
- Rosemary Squires Cancer Appeal Show
- Here There and Everywhere.
- River City Jazzmen R.I.P.
- Maureen Hall & Rendezvous Jazz @ Ashington Jazz Cl...
- Customs House Big Band. Open Rehearsal @ New Cro...
- Alyn Cosker Quartet - a Jazz North East Presentati...
- Tonight's The Night
- Andrea Pattinson Quintet @ The Cherry Tree.
- Friday February 5th: John Hallam with the Roly Vei...
- Complete Discs To Die For
- ▼ February ( 52 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
Posting a Comment
Posting a comment.
1) Click on comments (at the foot of the posting.).
2) In the window that appears Click on...O Name/URL.
3) Type your name in the box (URL is optional).
4) Click on PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT.
5) Type the jumbled word verification if asked.
Alternatively, email me - firstname.lastname@example.org.
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)
Contact: email@example.com I look forward to hearing from you.