Bebop Spoken There
Dave Brubeck: “The critics who put me down the most asked me to forgive them.” – (Down Beat July 2009).
Anita O'Day: “I don't think a singer ever gets so good she can't stand a little professional advice.” – (Down Beat July 28, 1950).
Today Monday February 8
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Name That Tune
- ► 2015 ( 1022 )
- ► 2014 ( 1036 )
- ► 2013 ( 1099 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- Stop Press
- The Three Faces of Ruth
- Update on New Century Ragtime Orchestra
- USE IT - OR LOSE IT - Jazz at the Saville.
- CHRIS YATES - A GREAT SERVANT TO JAZZ
- CHRIS YATES - The Saddest Day.
- Gig of the Year - The story so far....
- PIA BECK RIP
- Ruth Lambert & Broadway Melody @ The Fell.
- Chilli Road Band in Concert.
- Zoe and Andy Live!
- Charles and Friends @ The Black Horse, Boldon.
- The Profound Sound Trio @ Gateshead Old Town Hall
- Maine Street Jazzmen @ Rosie Malone's
- More on Sonny Rollins at the Barbican.
- And Gentlemen in England now abed, shall think the...
- Ronnie Scott Celebration on Radio 4
- Mark Toomey Quartet @ The Cherry Tree Restaurant, ...
- THIS WEDNESDAY (Nov.25) @ The Chilli
- Early Oscar + Barney & Ray
- Madeleine Peyroux
- Rae Brothers New Orleans Jazz Band with guest Samm...
- A Message from Facebook or was it God?
- Blues For Night People
- Melody Lingers On
- BREAKING NEWS! LED BIB GIG CANCELLED
- The Chilli Road Band @ Baltic Square
- Lee Konitz to gig in Birmingham (UK)
- Call the Firehouse Five Plus Two!
- Sheila Jordan @ London Jazz Festival
- Press Release from Vieux Carré Head Office
- Budvivar @ The Chilli
- Essential Viewing
- Sonny Rollins - My One and Only Love
- Jeff Clyne R.I.P.
- Graham Hardy Quartet @ The Cherry Tree Restaurant....
- Gig of the Year
- Tonight - 'Hims' Ancient and Modern
- Tomasz Stanko Quintet @ The Sage, Gateshead.
- Zoe Gilby Quintet @ Saltburn Jazz Centre - Friday ...
- An Invitation to The Boiler Room (Bridge Hotel, Ne...
- Trinity Jazz - It's a Sin to Tell A Lie but Fats L...
- Name That Tune
- Tonight @ Trinity Church, Gosforth...
- Vasil Xenopoulos Rides Again - Cherry Tree Restaur...
- Grecian 2009 Blow Wave. Vasilis Xenopoulos & The P...
- Newport Jazz Festival 1959
- Duology + 2 @ The Bridge Hotel. November 11th.
- Summer's in Bordeaux - un memoir de Dave le Rave
- Blaydon Tonight - A Grecian Delight
- There May Be Other Nights Like This But...
- The Boiler Room @ The Bridge Hotel. November 10th
- TONIGHT, TONIGHT, WON'T BE JUST ANY NIGHT...
- R.I.P. Malcolm Laycock
- Margaret's Memorabilia
- Vieux Carré Jazzmen @ Corner House
- R.I.P. STACY ROWLES - age 54.
- Friday Night is Mercer Night (on Radio 2).
- Le Jazz Hot et Le Jazz Cool
- R.I.P. Art D'Lugoff.
- Voice of the North Jazz Orchestra with Jason Yarde...
- Saxophone Sayings.
- If You Fancy a Pint of Poetry and you're in Edmont...
- Empirical @ Gateshead Old Town Hall
- Maine Street Jazzmen @ Rosie Malone's
- Our Girls Get Around
- Tessa @ Pizza on the Park Nov 16.
- The Schmazz Factor - The Cluny.
- The Boiler Room @ The Bridge Hotel. November 3rd.
- Take it to the Bridge - Wednesday 4th November Chi...
- Laurie Holloway Trio @ Leeds College of Music.
- Calendar Girl
- Tonight @ The Cluny - Battle of the Bands.
- Customs House Big Band - Open Rehearsal
- The Primacy of the Ear...Part 3
- PCeed Off
- Happy Birthday David Carnegie
- The Great American Songbook - beginnings to maturi...
- Gilad Atzmon Workshop - The Primacy of The Ear (Pa...
- GILAD ATZMON: THE PRIMACY OF THE EAR - Oct.31 Sage...
- Mo Scott Band Banish Those Rainy Day Blues at the ...
- ▼ November ( 82 )
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)
Posting a Comment
Posting a comment.
1) Click on comments (at the foot of the posting.).
2) In the window that appears Click on...O Name/URL.
3) Type your name in the box (URL is optional).
4) Click on Publish your comment..
5) Type the jumbled word verification if asked.
Alternatively, email me - email@example.com.