Bebop Spoken There
“Television is just a bunch of people with nothing to do watching people who can't do nothing.” – Wingy Manone (Down Beat April 7, 1966).
Today Thursday April 17
VIEUX CARRE JAZZMEN - The Millstone, Haddricks Mill Rd., South Gosforth, NE3 1QL. 1:00pm. 0191 2853429. FREE.
New Orleans in nice pub with 4 real ales, good food and a banjo!
MAINE STREET JAZZMEN - Potters Wheel, Sunniside, NE16 5EE. 8.30pm. Free.
Good Time jazz with vocals by Olive.
THE PILGRIM ST. SET - Hoochie Coochie, 54 Pilgrim St., Newcastle NE1 5SF. 8.30pm. Free.
Exciting new band. Richard Burns (tpt); Gary Turner (ten); Paul Edis (pno); Paul Susans (bs); Rob Walker (dms) - is this a line up or is this a line up!?
THE TEES HOT CLUB - Dormans, Oxford Rd., Linthorpe, Middlesborough, TS5 5DT. 01642 823813. 9pm. Free admission.
Gypsy jazz with guests Ray Dales & Jeff Aucott.
STRICTLY SMOKIN' BIG BAND - The Millstone, South Gosforth, 7pm. Free.
Not this week - Back on April 24.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Carla Bruni Chanteuse
- ► 2013 ( 1099 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
- Connie Haines R.I.P.
- Wrap Your Troubles In Dreams - Roly Veitch Trio
- Zoe Gilby Band at the Side Café
- Scarborough Jazz Festival
- Composer of the Week
- Dick Sudhalter R.I.P
- Michael Feinstein at The Sage by Val and Jim
- Sonny Simmons Quartet by John Moles and Russell Co...
- Gerry Richardson Trio + Jim Birkett/Rod Sinclair D...
- Blast From The Past
- Photos Wanted
- A Night of Free Improvisation at the Side Café
- Byker Bop
- Dutch Treat
- Spaced Out Miles
- Jazz Is Where You Find It
- Some Like It Hot (Cream and two sugars please)
- Alan Glen Trio at the Chilli
- Bheki Mseleku - R.I.P.
- Carla Bruni Chanteuse
- Jamie McCredie News Item
- Bird Lives! Audience Dies! Mark Toomey Quartet - S...
- Big Jim Sullivan Trio Plays Jazz From...Jazz Café
- From Little Acorns ...
- New Century Ragtime Orchestra
- Gary Linsley with the Roly Veitch/Jeremy McMurray ...
- Good Queen Bess
- Sven Klang's Kvintett
- Take It To The Bridge
- They CAN Take That Away From Me
- Mark Williams Trio at the Side Café
- Bird? Diz? Joe Oliver Invented Bebop! By "Richard ...
- Cleethorpes Jazz Weekend - Report from John Taylor...
- The Day Lee Morgan died
- NEWS FLASH: BUDVIVAR HEXHAM GIG CANCELLED
- Throw In Your Two-bits
- Duncan Eagles Quartet at the National Portrait Gal...
- Roy Sainsbury by Ron Chapman.
- Take It To The Bridge at the Chilli
- BUDVIVAR COMING TO HEXHAM
- Jazz Café Re-opens
- Brian Carrick and the Vieux Carre Jazzmen at Culle...
- Connie Haines R.I.P
- R.I.P. Jack Hutton, Gerry Wiggins, Nat Temple
- Paul Edis Sextet at The Side Café
- ▼ September ( 45 )
Posting a Comment
Posting a comment.
1) Click on comments (at the foot of the posting.).
2) In the window that appears Click on...O Name/URL.
3) Type your name in the box (URL is optional).
4) Click on PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT.
5) Type the jumbled word verification if asked.
Alternatively, email me - email@example.com.
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org I look forward to hearing from you.