Bebop Spoken There
“Television is just a bunch of people with nothing to do watching people who can't do nothing.” – Wingy Manone (Down Beat April 7, 1966).
Today Friday April 18.
RENDEZVOUS JAZZ - Black Horse, Monkseaton. 1pm. Free.
FUNKALLEROS - Jazz Café, 25 Pink Lane, Newcastle NE1 5DW. £5.00. 9.30pm (Free up to 9:00pm.)
Graham Hardy in Latin Funk mode.
GAVIN LEE's JAZZ BAND - British Legion, Coatsworth Rd., Gateshead 8pm.
New Orleans at its finest for a Good Friday party.
Friday, April 18, 2014
Thursday, April 17, 2014
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
We've raised the money we needed to get started and we've instructed our solicitor to proceed with the purchase. We’ll post more details when the sale is completed.
We’d like to say a huge thank you to all the people who have invested in this exciting venture and to those who have helped to promote and publicise it. Our community share issue exceeded our target. We don’t know the exact sum invested yet because there are still cheques arriving in the post. We’ll give you an accurate figure in the next couple of days. Thank you all.
Monday, April 14, 2014
Sunday, April 13, 2014
(Review by Lance).
Saturday, April 12, 2014
Interesting with one or two folks you may know.
Great selection of music not least Paul Edis' choice of a track by Vasilis Xenopoulos - surely one of the truly great underrated tenor players. "Vasy" is at The Bridge, Newcastle on Thursday April 24 and the following day at St Cuthbert's Centre Crook. Get your diary out now! Then go down to the bookies and put your house on it being the Gig of the Year but don't double it up with Sunderland avoiding relegation!
- Pilgrim St. Set @ Hoochie Coochie. April 17
- CD Review Led Bib The People in Your Neighbourhood...
- COMPETITION TIME!!!
- Fred Wesley @ Ned Kelly's
- Chaka Khan @ Hoochie next month!
- CD Review: Nancy Goudinaki - I Wanna Be Your Star
- R.I.P. Jimmy McDowell
- Jazz Café Jam Session - April 15
- JJA Awards 2014
- Pink Lane Jazz Co-op at The Globe is going ahead!
- Britain's Greatest Ever Jazz Musician?
- Mitch Laddie Band @ The Tyne Bar. April 13
- Preview Darlington Jazz Festival April 24 – 27
- This Sunday (April 20) @ Blaydon.
- Krysztof Urbanski - The Urban Jazz Society @ Bridg...
- CD Review: Colin Vallon Trio - Le Vent
- Mick Shoulder Website.
- CD Review: Leslie Pintchik - In the Nature of Thin...
- Jazz Café May Program.
- Jazz Record Requests - BBC Radio 3 today 5pm.
- If you happen to be out Tokyo way...
- Paul Edis Trio @ The Jazz Café. April 11 (second s...
- Paul Edis Trio - Jazz Café April 11
- Blood Count - Radio 4
- Virtuoso Jazz Trio @ The Lit & Phil. April 11
- The Collective @ Hoochie Coochie. April 10.
- GIJF Day Three:Double Bill - Bill Frisell’s Beauti...
- Lindsay Hannon and Guests @ The Cherry Tree April ...
- The Scottish National Jazz Orchestra directed by T...
- CD Review: Pete McGuinness Jazz Orchestra - Streng...
- Jazz Times 2013 Expanded Critics’ Poll
- Percy Bush Orchestra/Females Brawling in London Ni...
- GIJF Day Two: AN AFTERTHOUGHT (I HAVE SEEN THE FUT...
- GIJF Day One - Robert Glasper Experiment.
- CD Review: Clayton-Hamilton Jazz Orchestra - The L...
- Sheila Giles Photos added to archives.
- Radio 4 Rounds off GIJF!
- GIJF Day Three: The Waal; Hannabiell & Midnight Bl...
- GIJF Day Three: Fragments Of Splinter With Wilson ...
- GIJF – Day Two: Andrew McCormack & Jason Yarde wit...
- Vieux Carré Play the Blues When it Rains!
- GIJF Photos on Sage Gateshead Website
- A poignant moment from this year's GIJF
- GIJF Day Two: Recorded music from the Concourse an...
- GIJF - After thoughts
- GIJF Day Three - Polar Bear.
- GIJF – Day Three - Shiver
- GIJF: Day Three: Youth Jazz Afternoon: Stretch Tri...
- GIJF – Day Two Late Night Club @ the Jazz Café
- Identify the players.
- Correction to North East Jazz Gigs Flyer at Sage G...
- GIJF Day Three. In the Spirit of Duke - Jacqui Dan...
- GIJF Day Three. Jazz Toons - Jacqui Dankworth w. S...
- GIJF – Day Two Richard Illes’ Microscopic. April 5...
- GIJF – Day Two. Marius Neset & Daniel Herskedal. A...
- GIJF Day Two - The Spring Quartet. Sage Gateshead ...
- GIJF Day Two - Jean Touissaint Quartet. Sage Gates...
- GIJF – Day One Djangologie - April 4.
- GIJF – Day One Late Night Club @ the Jazz Café. Ap...
- GIJF - Day One. Norrbotten Big Band, Django Bates,...
- Debra Milne Ensemble @ The Empty Shop, Durham. Apr...
- GIJF NEWS!
- CD Review: The Cafifornia Feetwarmers
- Happy Greetings to you from Tokyo
- CD Review: Johanna Graham Quartet - Don't Let Me B...
- Vieux Carré Jazzmen to entertain the crowds at the...
- Henry’s Swing Club @ The Brandling Villa. April 1
- Jazz Café Jam Session April 1.
- Bird Lives!
- GIJF - Late Night Club.
- ▼ April ( 70 )
- ► 2013 ( 1099 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
Posting a Comment
Posting a comment.
1) Click on comments (at the foot of the posting.).
2) In the window that appears Click on...O Name/URL.
3) Type your name in the box (URL is optional).
4) Click on PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT.
5) Type the jumbled word verification if asked.
Alternatively, email me - firstname.lastname@example.org.
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)
Contact: email@example.com I look forward to hearing from you.